Who we are
Our website address is: https://actonsales.ie.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may also collect the following data from you:
Correspondence: we collect any additional personal data you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our Site, by submitting a comment on our Site, or by any other means;
Survey responses: information from surveys that we use for research purposes if you choose to respond to them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use your personal data to:
- respond to enquiries, complaints, and disputes
- accept you as a new or returning customer to provide you with the services you have requested in accordance with the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading.
- send you service communications, including in relation to changes to our Trading Terms or Terms of Trading
- communicate with you about the products and services that we provide, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services
- maintain our records and improve data accuracy
- comply with our legal obligations
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or you can email or call us anytime.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING AND DIRECT MARKETING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by following these links:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
LEGAL GROUNDS AND YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
In certain circumstances, we may process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications about our services necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details on this legal ground to:
- provide you with services
- communicate with you about the that we provide to you, including to let you know about major changes to those services or to the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading between us or to any related information
- provide and improve customer support; and
- notify you about changes to our service
If you choose not to give some or all the aforementioned information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our services to you
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information or considering the following factors:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time
- statute of limitations under applicable law
- potential or actual disputes
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to rectification - You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure - This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and, in simple terms, enable you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- Right to restrict processing - You have the right to “block” or supress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
- Right of data portability - You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
- Right to object to processing - You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).
- Right to withdraw consent to processing - If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).
- Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities - You have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of seventeen.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at Eva@actonsales.ie or by phoning 0876875213